1 / 5
Located at the foot of Mt Ruapehu, visitors can be inspired by real-life soldier's stories, discover New Zealand's military history and reflect on how conflict has shaped our nation.
Must see attractions include our Memorial Greenstone Wall, Extensive Medal Collection, Artillery Collection, Iconic Military Vehicles, Life-like Displays, Soldiers' Personal Stories, Kids Headquarters and our Research Centre.
We are open from 9am to 4.30pm daily (except Christmas Day). Combine a museum visit with lunch at our Home Fires Cafe.
Facilities include: Cafe, Gift Shop, Research Centre, guided tours, Greenstone Memorial, education programmes, tracked vehicle rides, smartphone tours, conference facilities, ample parking Campervans welcome overnight.
National Army Museum, State Highway 1, Waiouru, Ruapehu, 4861, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am - 4.30pm, 7 days. (except Christmas Day).
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Closest airports are Palmerston North and Taupo
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 100m walk from bus drop-off and pick-up
- Proximity to town:
- 20 minutes to Ohakune, 45 minutes from Turangi or 1.5hrs from Taupo
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$15.00 - $30.00|
- Further pricing information:
- Tour guides and drivers FOC.