1 / 2
Our interactive Waka experience provides a rare and unique insight into our ancient customs, rituals and traditions.
Meet with local Ngapuhi whose traditional knowledge and storytelling skills are legendary in the Bay of Islands. Our ancient histories and stories are shared with you as we paddle together aboard our 50 ft Waka Taua (Maori War Canoe) on the tidal estuaries of the Waitangi River.
Departing from the Waitangi Bridge, our Qualmark endorsed Waka voyages are a perfect combination of eco and interactive cultural experiences.
Taiamai Tours is featured in the National Geographic 2011 worlds top 50 tours of a lifetime.
Taiamai Tours Heritage Journeys , 95 Te Ahuahu Road, Bay of Islands, Waitangi, Northland, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Based on bookings.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 20 km to Kerikeri - Bay of Islands airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 20 minutue easy walk
- Proximity to town:
- 2 minutes to Paihia town center
Pricing and Conditions
(12 year(s) and under)
- Age restriction:
- Further pricing information:
- Scheduled departures are Saturday,Sunday,Tuesday,Thursday departing at 9.00am. Pre booked group tours are on demand.