Te Wheoro's Redoubt

Redoubt built to house a British garrison during the NZ wars. Outside viewing is available at all times.

Contact Us

About

After the Rangiriri battle, this redoubt was built nearby to house a British garrison. It is named after Wiremu Te Wheoro, who occupied it on behalf of the government in 1868-9 during the Te Kooti campaigns. Outside viewing is available at all times.

Visit our website

Map

Get directions

Physical address

Te Wheoro's Redoubt, Talbot Street, off Rangiriri Road, Rangiriri, Hamilton - Waikato, New Zealand.

Contact Us

The content on this page was created by Te Wheoro's Redoubt

This website helps visitors connect with providers of great New Zealand tourism experiences. It is not intended to give any assurance that any particular provider meets certain quality standards or legal obligations. Please contact this business for more information. See also: newzealand.com terms of use.