1 / 2
Come and visit the Weta Cave Workshop Tour in the heart of Wellington's film industry.
The Weta Cave Workshop Tour is a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the workings of Weta Workshop with a guided tour through our exhibition space. This space is filled with exclusive props and costumes not normally shown to the public and your guide will take you through the creative processes we use to make cool stuff!
Guided tours start approximately every 30 minutes from 9am to 5.30pm. We strongly encourage you to book in advance online as tours fill up fast!
Tours take 45 minutes. Maximum 20 people per tour.
In February 2016 The Guardian listed the Weta Cave Workshop Tour as one of the 10 best movie tours of the world!
Weta Studio Tours- Weta Cave Workshop Tour, 1 Weka Street, Miramar , Wellington Central, Wellington, 6022, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am - 5:30pm, 7 days a week. Closed Christmas Day (25th December)
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 3.5 km from Wellington Airport
- Proximity to town:
- 20 minutes from central Wellington, number 2 bus route
Pricing and Conditions
(12 year(s) and under)
- Further pricing information:
- Adults are persons 13 years of age and older. Children are persons 6-12 years of age. Infants are persons 5 years of age and younger. Children and infants must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. You MUST arrive 15 minutes before your tour is due to start or your place on the tour may be sold to customers in store. We recommend you book at least one day in advance of your visit. Please note there is no photography allowed on The Weta Cave Workshop Tour.