The only surviving wooden blockhouse in NZ, this was built and occupied from 1860 to 1861, but was never involved in hostilities. From 1867-1880 it was used as a Police Station. It was created an historic reserve in 1916. It currently serves as headquarters for a service club. Outside viewing is available at all times.
Wallaceville Blockhouse, McHardy Street, Upper Hutt, Upper Hutt, Wellington, 5018, New Zealand.