1 / 5
Let us take care of the details so can switch off and enjoy. Guided Kayak and Walk breaks from 2 to 5 days combine everything the Park has to offer.
The Abel Tasman is renowned for its protected coastline but it is impossible to guarantee the conditions. When sea and weather are calm, sea kayaking is easy and very little skill or strength is required. Due to the nature of the outdoors, weather can change quickly and it might be necessary at times to paddle against the wind. Our qualified guides provide full training and, if their instructions are followed, kayaking is safe and fun.
Kayaking each day is optional
Our boat crew provides full back-up and double kayaks are used for stability, enjoyment and the advantage of having two people sharing the paddling effort. If you find you are not enjoying the kayaking, you are welcome to join our Guided Walk on the coastal track, joining up with the kayakers at day’s end.
Ideal for groups of different ages, abilities and interests
Our expert Guides and Hosts can help you make the most of your day. Have time on your own or share fascinating insights into our cultural and natural history, told through the Wilson family ancestors’ personal stories.
We recommend taking at least 3 days to explore the length of the spectacular coast between Marahau and Totaranui.
Take 5 days to fully experience the tranquillity and variety of this fascination region. Stay 2 nights at each Beachfront Lodge and spend the extra days relaxing or exploring regions of the Park many people don’t get to see.
- 3 day / 2 night trips depart every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (see days 1, 3 and 5 of the full itinerary below).
- 5 day / 4 night trips depart every Tuesday and Friday.
- 2 day overnight trips can be designed at any time to suit your schedule.
- The indulgence of ensuite accommodation at our Beachfront Lodges
- Fine food designed by our chef and served by your skilled Lodge Hosts
- In-house bar serving a selection of local beers and wines
- Scenic cruise along the length of the spectacular Abel Tasman coastline
- All modern, top quality kayak gear: buoyancy aid, spray jacket and skirt, dry bags
- No heavy pack to carry. Overnight luggage transferred by boat
- Your expert Guide will help design each day to be as active or relaxed as you wish. There will be plenty of time to relax on the beaches or enjoy a swim in azure waters
- View seals in their natural habitat
- Spectacular golden-sand beaches and tranquil lagoons fringed by lush native forest
- Walks along the coastal track, through diverse forest ecosystems
See our Sea Kayak Walk Breaks for full itineraries.
Guided Walk options
See our Walking Breaks for details.
Escrito: 8 artículos
Kayak the sheltered southern coast and walk the isolated northern beaches on 2 to 5 day overnight breaks hosted at our Beachfront Lodges in the National Park. Boat back up. Departures from Kaiteriteri with coach connections to Nelson and Motueka.
¿Tienes una gran historia para contar? Agrega tu artículo