From Scenic Drive down graveled road, track passes partly through private property to Opanuku Road.
What to expect:
Walking tracks will:
* have easy to moderate grades with drained surfaces, generally consisting of a compacted and drained surfaces.
* be well sign-posted with directional signs at track entrances and junctions and have safety signs where required.
Walking tracks may:
* have steps on excessively steep areas.
* have timber boardwalks and bridges over permanent wet areas and waterways.
* have seats and maintained views at areas of interest.
* Walking tracks should be suitable for people with reasonable fitness levels.
How to get to Cascades
Head along Scenic Drive. Fairy Falls are located on eastern slopes of the Waitakere Ranges about 15 km north of the Arataki Visitor Centre. Cascade Kauri and Lake Wainamu are on the Bethells Road. Take Falls Road to Cascade/Kauri.
Distance from Auckland CBD: 50 km
¿Tienes una gran historia para contar? Agrega tu artículo