Time: 0.75 hour
Type: Walking Track
Description: Steep track with some steps ascends cliffs at south end of Piha Beach. At the top, a short branch to the right leads to lookout point over Piha and Taitomo Island. Track continues around cliff-top to second lookout overlooking The Gap.
What to Expect:
Walking tracks will:
- have easy to moderate grades with drained surfaces, generally consisting of a compacted and drained surfaces.
- be well sign-posted with directional signs at track entrances and junctions and have safety signs where required.
Walking tracks may:
- have steps on excessively steep areas.
- have timber boardwalks and bridges over permanent wet areas and waterways.
- have seats and maintained views at areas of interest.
Walking tracks should be suitable for people with reasonable fitness levels.
How to get to the Tasman Lookout Track: Head along the north-western motorway. Get off at Lincoln Rd. At the end of Lincoln Rd turn into Great North Rd. At first set of lights turn right into Henderson Valley Rd. At roundabout take Forest Hill Rd and drive to end. Turn right into West Coast rd. At end of West Coast Rd turn right into Scenic Drive. Take Piha Rd at junction 200M on. Stay on Piha Rd and it ends at Piha Beach.
¿Tienes una gran historia para contar? Agrega tu artículo