1 / 4
- Take a tour through the Te Anaroa Caves in Rockville, and be amazed by the fossils, stalagmites, stalactites and glowworms.
- Make a day of it up the Anatoki River: see the animals and feed the tame eels at Bencarri Farm Park, then pop next door and go fishing and have your catch hot smoked at Anatoki Salmon.
- Hit the water! Kayaking the quieter and beautiful northern end of the Abel Tasman National Park is a great way to explore the park.
- Take a scenic coastal drive past the massive limestone cliffs at Tarakohe, to the Golden Beaches of Ligar Bay and Tata Beach.
- Pack your togs and go for a bush walk – the Wainui Falls are a 30 minute walk from the carpark, and there’s some great swimming holes in the river on the way to the falls, and there’s a swing bridge too!
- Sample and apple cider or manuka beer, with a steaming plate of mussels at the iconic Golden Bay venue The Mussel Inn.
- Take a stroll through native forest to Te Waikoropupu springs, New Zealands largest freshwater springs, and home of the clearest spring water in the world.
- Jump on a horse! Choose from a beach ride on the shaggy haired Icelandic horses, or see some seriously dramatic Farewell Spit scenery from horseback at Puponga.
- Drive to the most northerly tip of the South island and take a walk around Puponga farm, or take a guided tour along Farewell Spit.
- Visit Wharariki Beach at the northern end of Golden Bay.
¿Tienes una gran historia para contar? Agrega tu artículo