1 / 4
Tasman Glacier Helihike offers easy access to the realm of the mountaineer.
With your mountain guide, you will fly high onto the white ice of NZ’s longest glacier– the mighty Tasman.
We meet our guests at Mt Cook Airport, provide a safety briefing, and equipment check. Then we embark on a thrilling helicopter flight into the mountains.
You land at 1,200 metres above sea level and spend up to 2 hours in the mountains. This is a guided interpretative trek on the white ice. The gently undulating terrain is an amazing landscape of fluted ice, runnels, moulins, and sinuous winding streamlets.
As your crampons bite into the ice, you will trek on gentle undulating terrain, below the highest peaks of the Southern Alps.
Tasman Glacier Helihike, 98 Bowen Drive, Aoraki Mount Cook, Christchurch - Canterbury, 7999, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 08:00am to 05:00pm
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- Helihikes depart from Mount Cook airport
Precios y condiciones
- Restricción de edad:
- Más información sobre precios:
- Helihiking is a weather dependent activity. We reserve the right to cancel the hike if weather is not safe/suitable for the helicopter. Customers may transfer to another time-slot, if space, weather, and itineraries allow. We require a minimum of 4 guests at each time time slot to operate. Customers may transfer to another time-slot if space and itineraries allow, in order to meet minimum numbers.