1 / 4
A large variety of New Zealand's native birds abound in this area of South Wairarapa around our property Te Rakau.
As we have lived in the area for nearly thirty years we have excellent local knowledge of where the birds frequent and what you are likely to see at any particular time of the year. Birds of the bush, waders in the wetlands and coastal birds are all close by.
Our accommodation is quaint but comfortable and the birds are all around you.
The Caspian Tern nesting site, situated on Onoke Spit, is a highlight from September to late January as the colony prepares and then rears chicks.
Visit our website for pictures and news about recent bird sightings.
Te Rakau Birding & Cabins, 3626 Western Lake Road, RD 3 Featherston, Featherston, Wairarapa, 5773, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- 150 kms approx or one and a half hours driving time
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- We are 30mins from train station in Featherston
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- 36 kms from Featherston
Precios y condiciones
|Adulto||$100.00 - $180.00|
- Otros cargos:
- Minimum rate of $100 per guided tour