1 / 13
The Kauri Museum is NZ's best kept secret that has an element of surprise, located approximately 90 minutes drive north of Auckland. Offering something to amaze all, with stunning collections and interactive, hands-on displays.
Telling the stories surrounding the mighty kauri tree, its fascinating gum and pioneering past. The Kauri tree is the focal point and theme of this museum, showing the history of how this giant tree supported industries that sustained communities of the early settlers.
The first carboNZero certified museum in the world, The Kauri Museum is Northland's largest undercover attraction with over 4500sq metres of undercover exhibits.
The Kauri Museum, 5 Church Road, RD 1, Matakohe, Northland, 0593, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- Open Daily 9am to 5pm (closed Christmas Day)
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- 1hr 10 minjutes to Whangarei
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- 1 hr south of Whangarei, 90 minutes north of Auckland, 40 minutes to Dargaville
Precios y condiciones
- Otros cargos:
- Child (age 5-15) $8; Family (2 adults & children) $55; Senior Citizens $20; Students (with current ID) $20; Group Rates - please contact the museum 09 431 7417