The area’s geothermal activity is formed by the gases and pressure coming to the surface and can be seen in the numerous mud pools, hot springs, and geysers found throughout Rotorua.
Families can explore the numerous attractions and activities found throughout Rotorua to experience the geothermal properties and scenic beauty of Lake Rotorua on a fun filled family holiday.
Polynesian Spa features a dedicated Family Spa with a large freshwater pool and two hot mineral pools. The family area has a lifeguard on duty at all times. There are three pools within the Family Spa area to explore:
- Freshwater pool: Features a hydro slide for the kids to ride down and splash around. The pool is 33°C and there is a toddler’s section and deeper section the pool for swimming.
- Two mineral pools: The water in these pools is 37°C and 40°C and is great for soaking your skin and relaxing while overlooking the freshwater pool.
Take the gondola up Mt Ngongotaha to enjoy the views over Rotorua. After riding the gondola to the top of the mountain, families can choose from a range of activities.
- Luge: There are three different luge tracks to ride down including the scenic luge (fun for all ages and perfect for families), intermediate luge track, and the advanced luge track.
- Cableway Restaurant and Bar: Grab a bite to eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner while enjoying the stunning views over Rotorua.
Te Puia is a culture centre providing visitors with a Maori arts, crafts and cultural experience in Rotorua with guided tours and attractions.
- Te Whakarewarewa: A geothermal valley filled with 65 geysers and over 500 mud pools. Don’t miss out on the eruption of the geyser Pohutu, reaching heights of 30 metres.
- Cultural Performances: Experience Maori culture through traditional dance, song and games during a daytime or night time performance as a story unfolds about Maori culture.
Rotorua is a four season’s destination waiting to be explored on your next holiday or trip in the North Island.
Haben Sie eine tolle Story? Eigenen Artikel hinzufügen