Marlborough is New Zealand’s flagship wine region, with more than 150 wineries producing three quarters of the country’s wine.
With great restaurants, boutique food producers, craft brewers and amazing seafood and wild game, it’s easy to see why wine, food and craft beer are all a major part of Marlborough’s brilliant lifestyle.
Marlborough is New Zealand’s largest wine growing region, specialising in sauvignon blanc grapes. Its long-ripening season also produces superb pinot noir, methode traditionelle, chardonnay and aromatics.
Enjoy touring around some of the 36 cellar doors featuring well-known international wine brands as well as small boutique family producers. There are also two of New Zealand's top craft breweries creating beer to complement Marlborough’s gourmet cuisine.
Exploring these delights can easily be done by car or bike, with a wine trail map from the Blenheim or Picton i-SITEs, or join a guided tour by coach, mini-van, car or bike.
The region is envied for its abundance of produce including cherries, strawberries, apricots, herbs and vegetables – purchase at the farmers’ gate or at the Sunday Farmers’ Market.
The Marlborough Sounds provide plentiful, succulent seafood: scallops, crayfish, Greenshell™ Mussels, oysters, King Salmon, blue cod and snapper, and these all feature on many local restaurant menus.
Fine wine and beer demands superb food and Marlborough serves it in style; from fine dining and casual cafes to hearty fare in local bars, and ethnic cuisine – there’s something to satisfy every palate.
- Dine among the vines at one of Marlborough’s award-winning winery restaurants or enjoy the freshest local produce.
- Discover boutique breweries and a distillery to enjoy some of New Zealand’s finest craft beers and award-winning spirits.
- Wander through one of the stunning orchards to pick your own fruit, including cherries, apples and berries.
- Forage for fresh garlic, asparagus and other seasonal specialties from the gate or the Marlborough Farmers’ Market.
- Visit the Greenshell™ Mussel capital of the world, Havelock, for a seafood lunch where you can feast on the juiciest mussels cooked in the shell, or served as a hearty chowder.
Discover more about Marlborough's Brilliant wine, food and craft beer.
Haben Sie eine tolle Story? Eigenen Artikel hinzufügen