1 / 9
The gardens have been in the Montgomerie family for 3 generations. The farm is now down to 15 hectares but it still keeps owners - Neil & Greg Montgomerie-Crowe busy!
The large flowering garden and orchard includes walnut, hazel, chestnut, pine nut and fruit trees. Excess produce is made into jams and chutneys. These are sold at the gardens with walnuts and hazel nuts.
The old sheds and stables are filled with "treasures" and old post & rail fences have been put to good use for roses to climb over.
In a nearby paddock visitors can meet the friendly animals. The central lane allows visitors to walk through the pet sheep, miniature horses, alpacas and donkeys. There are many photo opportunities.
Refreshments follow inside the homestead.
Kahikatea Gardens - Deluxe Garden & Farm Tour, 60 Wilkie Street, Woodside, Greytown, Wairarapa, 5794, New Zealand.
- Tours available between 9.30am to 4.00pm. Main flowering season is September to April.
Anlagen und Einrichtungen
- Nähe zum Flughafen:
- 1 hour 30 mins from Wellington Airport. 25 mins from Masterton.
- Nähe zur Stadt:
- 5 mins drive from Greytown. 5 minutes from Woodside Train Station [Wairarapa Line]
Preise und Bedingungen
|Erwachsener||$15.00 - $25.00|
(10 Jahre und jünger)
|$10.00 - $12.50|
- Andere Gebühren:
- Garden & Farm visit only: Adults $15 Children $10 [no refreshments or house visit]
- Weitere Preisangaben:
- Bookings are essential as we are still a working farm. Minimum number of pax: 2 [two]. Maximum of pax: 20 [twenty] We are flexible with timings. As this is an outside activity visitors should come with warm clothing and closed footwear as the ground may be damp or wet due to weather conditions. Children are welcome but they must be supervised by accompanying adults. Deluxe Garden & Farm Tour at $25 includes morning/afternoon tea inside the homestead. Garden & Farm Tour is $15 per adult.