1 / 3
Experience the stunning grandeur of the Milford Track including rugged mountain peaks, breathtaking sheer canyons and majestic waterfalls. Walk beside pristine rivers and amongst lush, green rainforest before crossing Mackinnon Pass and reaching spectacular Milford Sound.
Managed by the Department of Conservation (DOC), the tracks are well graded and easy to follow, with communal huts en route (booking is essential).
A reasonable level of fitness is required. Independent walkers are unguided, carry their own gear and cook their own meals.
Milford Track Great Walk, DOC Te Rua-o-te-moko / Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre, Lakefront Drive, Te Anau, Fiordland, New Zealand.
- DOC Te Rua-o-te-moko / Fiordland National Park Visitor Centre - Hours 8:00am-5:00pm daily
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Nov, Dec
Anlagen und Einrichtungen
- Nähe zum Flughafen:
- Te Anau to: Queenstown International Airport 286km; Invercargill Airport 232km
- Nähe zum Busbahnhof
- Bus services from Te Anau connect with the boat at Te Anau Downs. From Milford Sound, at the end of the track, there are road transport services to Te Anau Downs (93km – 2 hours), Te Anau (120km – 2.5 hours), and Queenstown (297km – 5 hours).
- Nähe zur Stadt:
- To access the Milford Track, road and boat transfers are required. The Milford Track starts at Glade Wharf, which is accessed by boat (1.5 hours) from Te Anau Downs (27km from Te Anau). From Sandfly Point, where the track ends, there is a 15-minute boat trip to Milford Sound village.
Preise und Bedingungen
- Andere Gebühren:
- Price includes 3 nights' self-catered accommodation in DOC huts. Track transfers (from $181/adult ex Te Anau Downs) are not included.