1 / 5
This remarkable, ever-changing daytime journey between Auckland and Wellington takes you into the North Island’s heartland, through lush green farmland, native forests, over stunning river gorges and across New Zealand’s volcanic plateau.
The train passes over 25 major bridges and through 14 tunnels, and also traverses the famous Raurimu Spiral just North of National Park.
On the Northern Explorer you wont miss a thing. Capture amazing views from the open-air viewing deck, or through panoramic sky view windows in new air-conditioned carriages. Sit back and relax with our delicious food and beverages from the licensed onboard cafe, and listen to GPS triggered at-seat commentary as you journey through some of NZ's most stunning scenery.
Northern Explorer | KiwiRail Scenic Journeys, Bunny Street, Wellington Central, Wellington, 6011, New Zealand.
- Mon-Fri: 8am to 6pm, Sat-Sun: 8am to 5pm
Anlagen und Einrichtungen
- Nähe zum Flughafen:
- Approximately a 30 minute bus ride in both Wellington & Auckland.
- Nähe zum Busbahnhof
- Coach services are available nearby.
- Nähe zur Stadt:
- Both Wellington Railway Station and Auckland Strand Station are located in the central city, in close proximity to hotels, buses, restaurants and other facilities.
Preise und Bedingungen
(14 Jahre und jünger)
- Weitere Preisangaben:
- Fares are subject to availability, see www.kiwirailscenic.co.nz for full terms and conditions.