1 / 3
Escape on an island adventure and enjoy the peacefulness and idyllic surroundings with the bush, birds and beach at your side.
Experience stunning coastal views; lush and dense virgin forest, and regenerating podocarp forest, on this leisurely circular track.
Great Walks facilities
Managed by the Department of Conservation (DOC), the tracks are well graded and easy to follow, with accommodation in communal huts and campsites en route (booking is essential).
A reasonable level of fitness is required. Independent walkers are unguided, carry their own gear and cook their own meals.
Rakiura Track Great Walk, DOC Rakiura National Park Visitor Centre, 15 Main Road, Oban, Stewart Island - Rakiura, New Zealand.
- DOC Rakiura National Park Visitor Centre Hours: Dec-March 8:00 am-5:00pm daily; April-Nov 8:30am-4.30pm Mon-Fri; 10:00am-2:00pm Sat-Sun
Anlagen und Einrichtungen
- Nähe zum Flughafen:
- Flights between Stewart Island airfield and Invercargill take 20 minutes. The ferry service between Stewart Island and the port of Bluff across Foveaux Strait takes one hour.
- Nähe zum Busbahnhof
- Road transfers to the Rakiura Track ends are available.
- Nähe zur Stadt:
- Oban is the nearest town. Access to Rakiura Track is at Lee Bay (5km from Oban). The track ends at Fern Gully car park (2km from Oban).
Preise und Bedingungen
|Erwachsener||$22.00 - $66.00|
- Andere Gebühren:
- Price includes self-catered accommodation in DOC huts. Track transfers are not included.