Taupo Courthouse & Tapuaeharuru Redoubt

Redoubt from 1870 and pumice magazine building and courthouse from the 1880's are available for outside viewing at all times.

Kontaktieren Sie uns

Über uns

In 1870 the Armed Constabulary built a redoubt here for defence against Te Kooti; there was never any fighting here, and it was abandoned in 1885. A pumice magazine building stands in one corner of the redoubt. The Hall (1881) nearby was opened as a theatre, and converted to a courthouse in 1887. The hall is now the home of the Taupo Kohanga Reo (language nest). Outside viewing is available at all times.

Landkarte

[getdirections]

Adresse

Taupo Courthouse & Tapuaeharuru Redoubt, Taupo Domain, Taupo, Lake Taupo, New Zealand.

Kontaktieren Sie uns

Die Inhalte auf dieser Seite wurden erstellt von Taupo Courthouse & Tapuaeharuru Redoubt

Diese Website stellt Informationen über Tourismusanbieter in Neuseeland zusammen. Es wird nicht gewährleistet, dass die Anbieter bestimmte Qualitätsstandards oder Rechtsvorschriften einhalten. Sollten Sie Fragen haben, wenden Sie sich bitte direkt an das Unternehmen. Weitere Informationen: newzealand.com Nutzungsbedingungen.