The following terms and conditions apply to the ‘Capture 100% Pure You’ contest (the ‘Contest’). Please read and accept the following terms and conditions:
1. Introduction: The persons who play the Contest (each an ‘Entrant’) must read and agree to these terms and conditions (‘Terms’) before entering the Contest. By submitting an entry form for the Contest each Entrant agrees to the Terms.
2. Promoter: The promoter of the Contest is the New Zealand Tourism Board trading as Tourism New Zealand (‘the‘Promoter’), 147 Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010. The Contest will be conducted through the ‘100% Pure New Zealand Facebook page’ (http://www.facebook.com/purenewzealand). This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc.
3. Contest Period: The Contest commences at 9:00 am (New Zealand time) on 14 September 2011 and closes at 5:00 pm (New Zealand time) on 9 November 2011 (‘Contest Period’).
4. Prizes: There are two types of prizes (each a ‘Prize’), namely Major Prizes and Instant Prizes. No Prize may be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash, credit or otherwise.
A ‘Major Prize’ consists of a voucher that may be redeemed by the prize winner for travel services up to the value of NZD $5,000. There are three (3) Major Prizes to be won.
An ‘Instant Prize’ is one of a limited number of vouchers for goods or services offered by certain New Zealand tourism operators, including:
Sail NZ – Explore NZ:
5 free 2 hour America’s Cup Sailing Experiences
Auckland Whale and Dolphin Safari – Explore NZ:
5 free Auckland Whale and Dolphin Safari adult tickets
10 free Sky Walk Experiences
Whale Watch Kaikoura Limited:
10 free Adult Whale Watch Excursions
24 free 1-day bike hires
Bularangi Motorbikes – Harley Davidsons in New Zealand:
2 free 2 hour chauffeured passenger tours from Waihi
Speight’s Brewery Tours:
20 free brewery tours
Bay of Many Coves Resort:
4 free 1 night’s accommodation in a 1-bedroom luxury apartment for 2 people
Marlborough Sounds Adventure Co:
5 free 1 day mountain bike rides on the Queen Charlotte Track
Driftwood Eco Tours:
4 free 4 hour kayak tours from Blenheim
Abel Tasman Aqua Taxi:
5 free Aqua Taxi Seals and Sand experiences for two people
Fullers GreatSights Bay of Islands:
4 free dolphin watching cruises to Cape Brett and Hole in the Rock including a Dolphin Eco Experience
4 free full-day tours to Cape Reinga via 90 mile beach
2 free PADI Open Water e-learning courses including an online theory course, four dives with Dive! Tutukaka at Poor Knights Islands and official certification
Footprints Waipoua and Copthorne Hotel & Resort Hokianga:
1 free Footprints Waipoua night walk experience and 1 night’s free accommodation at the Copthorne Hotel & Resort Hokianga
The Rock Overnight Cruise:
2 free double cabin 1 night cruises for 2 people
5 free Milford Sound Nature Cruises departing from Milford
2 free Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruises departing from Manapouri
5 free TSS Earnslaw Cruise and Walter Peak Farm Excursions
5 free Stewart Island return ferry tickets from Bluff
Crowne Plaza Queenstown:
2 free 1 night’s accommodation for 2 people in a Lakeview room including breakfast and a complimentary bottle of Central Otago wine
Guided Nature Walks:
1 free half-day snowshoeing discovery trip for two people
JUCY Cruize Milford Sound:
10 free Milford Sound cruises including coach transfer from Queenstown
6 free Shotover Rafting half day trips
Te Puia New Zealand Maori Arts and Crafts Institute:
10 free daytime passes
5 free mineral baths passes
2 free Geyserland and Lake passes
The Legendary Black Water Rafting Co.:
2 free Black Labyrinth trips
Waitomo Glowworm Caves:
2 free Waitomo glowworm caves and Ruakuri cave combo passes
25 free Te Papa tour and Our Space ride adult passes for 2 people
Zealandia: The Karori Sanctuary Experience:
15 free Zealandia exhibition and sanctuary valley adult admissions
Fox Glacier Guiding:
5 free Nimble Fox all-day glacier walks.
The total number of Instant Prizes available is limited in aggregate to the number of prizes alongside the description of each type of Instant Prize set out above. Once the above number of each type of Instant Prize has been redeemed by any one or more entrants no further Instant Prizes may be claimed by any entrant.
Each Instant Prize is subject to the relevant tourism operator’s terms and conditions.
5. Prize Suppliers: All parts of the Prizes are subject to standard booking conditions. The providers of any goods and services forming part of a Prize might impose additional terms and conditions in relation to the supply of those goods and services. By entering this Contest each entrant accepts and agrees to comply with such terms and conditions.
6. Participants: Any person who uses a Prize, including the Entrant and any other person who uses any Prize, is referred to as a ‘Participant’. All Participants must agree to these Terms (where applicable to them) as a condition of using any Prize. The entrant must procure that any such person, if required by the Promoter, signs a further acknowledgement to give effect to this paragraph 6.
Major Prize terms
7. How to enter the Contest for a Major Prize: Entrants may enter the Contest for a Major Prize via the 100% Pure New Zealand Facebook page only. The process for entering the Contest for a Major Prize is as follows. Entrants must, during the Contest Period:
- Select 8 images from the map (that is displayed on the 100% Pure New Zealand Facebook page) by clicking “Add to Album” for each image
- Complete all details on the submit form on the 100% Pure New Zealand Facebook page
- Click ‘submit’
8. How to win a Major Prize: To be eligible to win the Contest entrants must comply with the entry requirements set out in paragraph 7 above. The winning entries for the Major Prizes will be drawn randomly by the Promoter (or the Promoter’s agent) within 5 working days following the end of the Contest Period from all valid entries received during the Contest Period. The entrant whose name appears on each winning entry drawn is a ‘Major Prize Winner’.
9. Notification of Major Prize: The Promoter will endeavour to notify each Major Prize Winner of their Prize via email using the details provided on the entry form. Each Major Prize Winner must respond to the Promoter by email within 48 hours of such notification to claim a Major Prize. If a Major Prize Winner does not respond to such notification in accordance with these Terms or is unwilling or unable to comply with these Terms, he or she will be disqualified and the relevant Major Prize will be forfeited and will remain the property of the Promoter.
10. Redeeming a Major Prize: Each Major Prize Winner must, before 30 June 2012, redeem and use his or her Major Prize. Each Major Prize Winner must prove their identity and provide confirmation of their resident status.Acceptable forms of identification and resident status or visas are at the discretion of the Promoter.
11. Dates for Major Prizes: If any Major Prize Winner does not redeem their Prize (and make all necessary bookings relating to the Prize) before 30 June 2012, that Major Prize Winner will forfeit the Prize.
Instant Prize terms
12. How to claim Instant Prizes: Entrants may claim Instant Prizes via the 100% Pure New Zealand Facebook page only. The process for claiming an Instant Prize is as follows. Entrants must, during the Contest Period.
- Read the clues posted under "Today's Clues" on the contest page of the 100% Pure New Zealand Facebook page
- Based on those clues, find the corresponding image on the map (that is displayed on the 100% Pure New Zealand Facebook page) that has a prize banner associated with it
- Complete all details on the claim form that appears on the image once you locate tge relevant image
- Click 'submit'
13. Notification of Instant Prizes: Notification of Instant Prizes: The Promoter will endeavour to notify each entrant of their Instant Prize via a voucher that will be opened in the browser window. This voucher then can be printed by the entrant and taken to the prize supplier to be redeemed. If any entrant has queries regarding this matter, they should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request their Instant Prize voucher.
14. Redeeming an Instant Prize: Each Participant may only claim one of each instant prize as indicated by a unique clue and voucher. Each Participant must redeem and use his or her Instant Prize Voucher by the expiry date set out on the Instant Prize Voucher. Each Participant must prove their identity and provide a printed form of the Instant Prize Voucher.Acceptable forms of identification and resident status or visas are at the discretion of the Promoter.
15. Dates for Instant Prizes: All Instant Prizes must be redeemed before the expiry date stated on the relevant Instant Prize Voucher, after which date all Instant Prizes are invalid. If any Participant does not redeem their Instant Prize (and make all necessary bookings relating to the Instant Prize) before the relevant expiry date, that Participant will forfeit the Instant Prize.
16. Travel Documentation: Each Participant must obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas required to use each Prize, and is responsible for all costs incurred in obtaining such documentation.
17. Entries: The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure, malfunction, alteration, delay in delivery, operation or transmission, theft, or other circumstance of any kind, which may affect an entry or an Entrant’s participation in the Contest. The Promoter, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entry that is incomplete, illegible, damaged, mutilated, forged, otherwise tampered with in any way or that has been made by automating or manipulating the entry process, or in any other way that the Promoter considers to be inappropriate. The Promoterreserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
18. Eligibility: Citizens, residents and valid work visa holders of New Zealand are not eligible to enter the Contest. Employees and immediate family members of employees of the Promoter (or of its respective suppliers, participating agents, distributors, agents, and associated entities) are not eligible to enter the Contest. ‘Immediate family’ is defined as parents, siblings, children, and spouse or de-facto partner.
19. Decisions: The Promoter’s decisions regarding all aspects of this Contest including, without limitation, decisions regarding the eligibility of entries, the conduct of the Contest, the interpretation of these Terms and the allocation of the Prizes, are final. No correspondence will be entered into. To the maximum extent permitted by law:
a. no decisions of the Promoter may be challenged on any grounds, including (without limitation), due to any alleged of actual failure of the Promoter or the Promoter's agent to act reasonably, in good faith, or fairly;
b. the decisions of the Promoter will remain binding and conclusive even if those decisions were allegedly or actually wrong or based on any factual error or based on any unreasonable, irrational, or irrelevant consideration.
20. Cancellation, changes or substitution: The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify this Contest, or to change or modify any terms or condition of this Contest, without notice. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a Major Prize, Instant Prize or any part of a Major Prize or Instant Prize (due to unavailability or for any other reason) with a different Prize or part of a Prize of equal or greater monetary value.
21. Ownership: All entries (including all copyright and other intellectual property rights that may subsist therein) will become the property of the Promoter and may be copied, published, adapted, communicated, and used by the Promoter for any purpose (including, without limitation, future promotional, public relations, and sales development activities) if the entrant selects “I would like to receive further information from New Zealand 100% Pure” within the Contest. The Entrant and each Participant consents to the Promoter and any supplier of a Prize using his or her name or image in any promotional, marketing and publicity events.
22. Publicity: By entering into this Contest or participating in any Prize, each Winner and each Participant:
a. agrees to be interviewed and photographed and agree to be available for interviewing, photography and for other public relations and promotional activities associated with this Contest, as required by the Promoter;
b. consents to their name, photographs and likenesses being recorded, reproduced, published, copied, communicated and otherwise used by the Promoter for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any television programme, video recording, or printed or electronic materials throughout the world, in perpetuity, and without the need for any compensation other than the Prize.
23. Privacy: Personal information provided by each Entrant will be stored and used by the Promoter for the purposes of conducting the Contest and for the purposes set out in paragraph 22 above and all personal information provided by the Entrant may be disclosed to related companies, marketing companies and other service providers for additional purposes (such as research, promotion, or marketing activities to provide entrants with information and promotional material relating to New Zealand tourism and travel) where that Entrant agrees that the Promoter may use his or her personal information for those additional purposes.
Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed by the Promoter, except as required or permitted by the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 or by other applicable laws.
An entrant may request access to, or correction of, personal information held by the Promoter about that Entrant by writing to Tourism New Zealand at 147 Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010 or calling Tourism New Zealand on +64 9 914 4780.
24. Warranties: To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and any supplier of a Prize (and their subsidiaries, related companies, associated entities, employees, contractors and agents) disclaim all guarantees, warranties, and representations of any kind (whether express, implied or statutory) in respect of this Contest, all Prizes, and the claiming, redeeming and use of any Prizes.
25. Liability: Acceptance and use of any Prize is at each Participant’s own risk and is his or her responsibility. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and any supplier of a Prize (and their subsidiaries, related companies, associated entities, employees, contractors and agents) shall not be liable for any personal injury, loss, damage (whether direct or indirect), cost, or expense howsoever caused (including through negligence or breach of statutory duty) arising out of or in connection with:
a. this Contest, the Prizes, or the claiming, redeeming or use of the Prizes; b. the acts or omissions of the Promoter or any supplier of a Prize; c. any act of God, or other event or occurrence beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or any supplier of a Prize.
By playing the Contest, Entrants completely release Facebook Inc from any and all responsibility, obligation or liability.
26. Governing Law: This Contest and these Terms shall be governed by New Zealand law and the courts of New Zealand shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine all issues and disputes that may arise in relation to this Contest or these Terms. Entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts and agree that the New Zealand courts are a convenient forum in which to resolve any issue or dispute concerning this Contest.