1 / 7
Take a half hour 4Wheel drive from the Farm Barn Café through safe,rural and scenic back roads of the expansive high country. Your destination is to visit New Zealand's oldest surviving shepherd's hut, the 150 year old Sutherlands' Hut, on Four Peaks Station.
Be taken back over 150 years to a time when shepherds worked in this remote environment on foot and horseback, sheltering in huts.
See a real shepherd working with sheep dogs to guide a flock of high country sheep. Breathe in the pristine high country air and enjoy a delicious ‘kiwi’ picnic lunch.
Chat with your hosts, learn about farming their 5,300 hectare station, and how times have changed over the past century.
This is a 2 - 3 hour unique high country excursion.
Sutherland's Hut Experience, 4 Mount Michael Road, Geraldine-Fairlie Highway, RD 17, Fairlie, Christchurch - Canterbury, New Zealand.
- Jam kerja:
- 10.30am - 12:30pm
- Waktu operasional:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Fasilitas dan Fitur
- Jarak ke bandara:
- 2 hours to Christchurch airport
- Jarak ke terminal bus wisata:
- Coaches and buses do drop-offs and pick-ups in Fairlie
- Jarak ke kota:
- 8km to nearest town of Fairlie
Harga dan Syarat
(10 tahun ke bawah)
- Biaya-biaya lain:
- Minimum 2 people; maximum 8 people
- Informasi harga lebih lanjut:
- All drives are subject to weather conditions. Children under 18 years of age are not permitted to fly without an adult.