1 / 5
Waimangu Volcanic Valley walks or hikes take you on an ecology-focused adventure of the craters of this awesome valley. Take our courtesy shuttle bus back to the Waimangu Visitor Centre at any stage of your walk.
There are a number of easy walks, mainly downhill. See Echo Crater and Frying Pan Lake, the world's largest hot water spring. View mysterious and dramatic Inferno Crater with its gorgeous blue lake, Cathedral Rock, vibrant hot water springs and the wild life reserve of Lake Rotomahana.
For more advanced hiking, the Mt Haszard Hiking Trail begins at Inferno Crater and moves high above the Waimangu Volcanic Valley floor. This hike provides spectacular views over the valley, Mount Tarawera and Lake Rotomahana. Bring your camera!
Waimangu Volcanic Valley, 587 Waimangu Road , Rotorua Central, Rotorua, 3073, New Zealand.
- Jam kerja:
- Open daily from 08.30. Valley closes at 17.00 (18.00 January). Last admission between 14.30 - 15.40 (later in Jan)
- Waktu operasional:
- Setiap bulan sepanjang tahun
Fasilitas dan Fitur
- Jarak ke kota:
- 20 minutes south of Rotorua and 40 minutes north of Taupo.
Harga dan Syarat
(16 tahun ke bawah)
- Biaya-biaya lain:
- Under 6yrs Free
- Informasi harga lebih lanjut:
- The Waimangu walking options are wheelchair accessible.