1 / 2
Latvia Working Holiday Scheme
Every year, 100 spaces are allotted for 18 to 30 year olds holding a passport from Latvia. With this visa you can live, work, study, travel and play here for up to 12 months.
Online application service
Applications can be made online for this scheme. You will need a valid Visa or Mastercard credit card.
Qualifying for Acceptance
- Have a passport that’s valid for at least 3 months after your planned departure from New Zealand
- Be at least 18 and not older than 30 years old
- Meet our health and character requirements
- Not bring children with you
- Hold a return air ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket
- Hold medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance for the length of your stay
- Not have previously been approved for a Working Holiday visa
- Be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work being the secondary intention for your visit
Questions? A few answers...
How much money do I need to bring?
A total of NZ$350 a month, or NZ$4200 for 12 months is the minimum needed to meet your living costs while you are here. A copy of your current bank statement may suffice as evidence of available funds.
Do I need to pay tax if I take up work?
Yes. If you do accept temporary employment under this visa, you’ll need an IRD number so that your employer can deduct tax from your earnings at the correct rate. For more information see Inland Revenue’s Travelling to New Zealand webpage.
Can I take up permanent work and/or study while in New Zealand on a Working Holiday?
- You cannot take up permanent employment (unless you apply for and are granted an ordinary work visa while you’re here)
- You must not work for the same employer for more than three months
- You can enrol in one or more courses of training or study of up to three months’ duration in total during your visit.
How do I find out the complete eligibility and requirements for passport holders from Latvia?
Head directly to Immigration New Zealand to find out more.
Hopefully, we’ll see you here soon!
Have you got a great story to tell?Add your own article