1 / 8
Visitors are guided on a journey of discovery along paths leading to mysterious surprises: step from a peaceful Sung Dynasty Chinese Scholar’s garden into an Italian Renaissance Garden, before being enthralled by the grandeur of the Indian Char Bagh Garden. Hamilton Gardens has 21 themed garden areas with more being developed.
Hamilton Gardens is not a botanical garden. Instead, its unique and internationally recognised concept has been compared to a museum. Each garden collection has historic integrity and provides a window into the story of civilisations, their arts, beliefs and life styles.
The Gardens also hosts beautiful garden weddings, and corporate functions in the Pavilion which can seat 600 people.
Hamilton Gardens, Cobham Drive, Hamilton East, Hamilton, Hamilton - Waikato, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- October - March 7am - 8pm. April - September 7am - 5.30pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Hamilton Gardens is 1.5 hours from Auckland Airport, and only 14km from Hamilton International Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Hamilton Gardens is approximately 5km from the Hamilton Transport Centre
- Proximity to town:
- Hamilton Gardens is only a five minute drive from the centre of Hamilton