Larnach Castle, New Zealand's only Castle, offers an insight into Victorian Culture. Built from 1871, by William Larnach, Merchant Banker and Politician, Larnach Castle showcases master craftsmanship, New Zealand Antiques and the style of Victorian living.
Learn about Larnach's three wives, six children... and eventual scandalous suicide in Parliament Buildings.
Beautifully restored and interestingly interpreted by the Barker family who have owned and cared for the Castle since 1967.
Three accommodation options available
Luxury - Camp Estate
Unique - Larnach Lodge
Affordable - Castle Stable Stay
* Stunning gardens, recently selected as Garden of International
Larnach Castle, Camp Road, Otago Peninsula, Dunedin, Dunedin - Coastal Otago, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am - 5pm, 7 days.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 45 minutes from Dunedin CBD
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 20 Minutes to the Dunedin Railway Station
- Proximity to town:
- 20 minutes drive from the Dunedin CBD
Pricing and Conditions
- Further pricing information:
- We offer FIT self guided visits, Groups tours and meals. FOCs for drivers and escorts when certain numbers met.