Come and visit the Weta Cave in Miramar, Wellington. The Weta Cave screens a first-ever behind the scenes look at Weta and interviews with Weta co-founders Peter Jackson, Richard Taylor, Tania Rodger and Jamie Selkirk. We give you exclusive insight into the creativity and imagination that goes into crafting the art of Weta.
In our mini-museum, you come face to face with some of the characters, props and displays from your favourite movies. Read the stories of how they were brought to life and learn about the artists who created them.
Entry cost: Free
Hours: Seven Days a Week, 9am - 5:30pm
Groups: Please call in advance to make bookings.
The Weta Cave, Corner of Camperdown Rd & Weka St , Miramar , Wellington Central, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am - 5:30pm, 7 days. Closed New Year's Day (1 January), ANZAC Day (25 April), Christmas Day (25 December) and Boxing Day (26 December).
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 3.5 Km from Wellington Airport
- Proximity to town:
- 20 minutes from central Wellington, number 2 bus route
Pricing and Conditions
- Further pricing information:
- Corporate service packages available. Please contact Weta Cave for details. Collectibles for sale.