1 / 11
The host prides herself on her personalised, friendly service.
The Guest Suite, with wheel chair access and ensuite, opens to a private deck with outside bath for bathing under the stars. A second couple can stay in a large, airy upstairs room with ensuite and expansive views. A simple, rustic cabin with double bed and family heirlooms is a budget option. Lit by a small solar light, it is very private with stunning views down river. Toilet and shower facilities are in the main house.
A multipurpose play room has sleeping platforms suitable for children. Portacot available.
Breakfast included and other meals can be provided with advance notice.
Site very suitable for young children and people seeking a rural hideaway, close to town.
Among the Totara Trees Country Homestay, 581 Matarawa Road, Greytown, Wairarapa, 5791, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am - 9pm, 7 days
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- BBQ Facility
- Children Welcome
- Courtesy Transport
- Disabled Access
- Internet (Public Use)
- Proximity to airport:
- Wellington airport about one and a half hours drive. International guests can request host to meet them . Inquire about costs. Or guests can rent a car. Or catch bus or taxi to the Wellington train station and catch the Wairarapa train. Contact host for information.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 10 minutes from Greytown bus stop. Host can meet the bus. Train is a more comfortable option.
- Proximity to town:
- Local villages only 10 minute drive. About 90 kilometers to Wellington, an hour and a quarter drive. Train trip is very comfortable and stops about 2 kilometers away. Host will meet train.
- Number of rooms:
Pricing and Conditions
|Per night||$80.00 - $140.00|
- Other charges:
- $90 for rustic cabin, $140 for rooms in main house, children 2-12 $30 each
- Further pricing information:
- Includes continental breakfast, served by host, and use of all facilities.