Today the Raglan & District Museum is well established in its new building which opened in 2010. With the i-Site information centre at the museum’s entrance, the museum is now open seven days a week, offering visitors a unique journey into Raglan’s history and culture.
A feature of the museum is the surfing exhibition tracing the history of surfing at Raglan from the discovery of the Point at Manu Bay through to the present day. Early longboards are on display along with a video, touchscreen and surfing memorabilia.
Raglan & District Museum Society Inc., 15 Wainui Road, Raglan, Hamilton - Waikato, 3225, New Zealand.
- Horaires d'ouverture :
- Winter: Monday to Friday: 9.30am-5.30pm Saturday and Sundays: 9.30am – 5.00pm. Summer: Monday to Saturday: 9.00am – 7.00pm Sunday: 9.30am – 6.00pm Public Holidays: 9.30am – 5.00pm. Closed Xmas Day.
- Mois de fonctionnement :
- Tous les mois de l'année
Équipements et caractéristiques
- Proximité de la gare routière :
- A minute's walk to bus stop
- Proximité de la ville :
- A minutes walk to main street
Tarifs et conditions
- Davantage d'informations sur les prix :
- Guided tours available for groups booked in advance