1 / 4
Winding its way past Mt Tongariro and Mt Ngauruhoe, this Great Walk lets you explore dramatic volcanic landscapes including craters, glacial valleys, native beech forest, alpine meadows and emerald-coloured lakes in this World Heritage area.
Great Walks facilities
Managed by the Department of Conservation (DOC), the tracks are well graded and easy to follow, with communal huts and campsites en route (booking is essential).
A reasonable level of fitness is required. Independent walkers are unguided, carry their own gear and cook their own meals.
Tongariro Northern Circuit Great Walk, DOC Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre, State Highway 48, Whakapapa Village, Ruapehu, New Zealand.
- Horaires d'ouverture :
- Tongariro Northern Circuit Great Walks season: late October to late April. Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre - Hours: 8:00am–5:00pm daily
- Mois de fonctionnement :
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Nov, Dec
Équipements et caractéristiques
- Proximité de l'aéroport :
- Taupo airport is about 100km from Whakapapa Village
- Proximité de la gare routière :
- Road transport services between Auckland and Wellington stop at Whakapapa Village. There are bus and shuttle services to Taupo, Turangi, Ohakune, and National Park.
- Proximité de la ville :
- Access to the Tongariro Northern Circuit Track is from Whakapapa Village.
Tarifs et conditions
|Adulte||$36.00 - $108.00|
- Autres frais :
- Price includes self-catered accommodation in DOC huts (NZD36/adult/night). Track transfers are not included.