Auckland is New Zealand’s largest city, with a population of approx 1.5 million people. Home to many cultures from the Pacific and around the world, Auckland is a modern, welcoming community with an exciting future. A vibrant and open waterfront is a buzzing social hub. Two massive harbours, dozens of volcanoes and many picturesque islands make a spectacular city setting.
Auckland’s international and domestic airport is located 22km south of the central city, approx a 45 minute drive to downtown Auckland. It is New Zealand’s busiest airport hosting 22 international airlines and their 15 code share partners. From Auckland there are over 300 daily flights to 20 towns and cities around New Zealand with Air New Zealand or Jetstar.
Memorable Auckland Experiences
- Crew on an ex-America’s Cup sailing yacht in a match race around the Auckland harbour.
- Jump aboard a ferry, and 35 minutes later be at Waiheke Island. Sample vintage boutique wine and olive oil, visit local artist’s studios or simply relax on one of the many golden beaches.
- SkyWalk around or SkyJump off one of the Southern Hemisphere’s tallest structures - the 328m high SkyTower
- Take a short 40minute drive from the city to the wild west coast of Auckland - you can see gannet colonies, surf the black sand beaches and hike through lush rainforest.
- Escape to Great Barrier Island. Kayaking offers one of the best ways to discover the wild beauty of the island’s coves, bays, inlets and wildlife.
- Shop. Auckland offers outstanding shopping. The downtown and Britomart area is home to the boutiques of New Zealand labels Karen Walker, Kate Sylvester, Zambesi and World. Put Newmarket, Ponsonby and Parnell on the shopping list too.
For conferences or function venue option in Auckland - click here
For accommodation options in Auckland, click here
Click here for more information on Auckland