Dunedin is located on the south east coast of the South Island. Known as the Edinburgh of New Zealand, it wears its Scottish heritage with pride. The city is surrounded by dramatic hills at the head of a spectacular harbour. Dunedin is one of the best-preserved Victorian and Edwardian cities in the Southern Hemisphere. The region is equally well known for its wildlife and natural attractions, and is a bird lover’s paradise.
Dunedin International Airport serves as the gateway to the wider Otago region. There are direct flights from Dunedin to Australia on Air New Zealand, and Pacific Blue. They city is also well serviced with domestic links throughout the major city and towns of the country.
Memorable Dunedin Experiences
- Visit New Zealand’s only castle - Larnach Castle, tour its beautiful gardens and learn about its tragic and scandalous history.
- Get close to the city’s unique wildlife thanks to conservation minded operators and their award-winning wildlife encounters. The Otago Peninsula is home of some of the rarest wildlife in the world - Royal Albatross, Yellow-eyed penguin, Hooker’s Sea lions. .
- Follow the heritage trail and explore many beautiful examples of Gothic, Italinate, Palladian and Georgian architectural forms around Dunedin.
- Visit Cadbury World - here you can taste and smell the finely crafted Cadbury chocolate and gaze upon the mouth watering chocolate waterfall.
- Dunedin is also famed for its fashion - spend time in the inner city and explore the boutiques and NZ label fashion stores.
For accommodation option in Dunedin, click here
Click here for more information on Dunedin