The The Eastland region on the east coast of the North Island is one of the most pristine spots in the country, famous for its surf, safe swimming beaches and recognised as one of the leading wine growing regions in New Zealand.
Gisborne Airport services the Eastland region. Gisborne is an hour flight from Wellington and Auckland. The region is also serviced by daily bus connections to other main centres in the North Island.
Memorable Eastland Experiences
- Visit Rere Falls - take a walk behind the waterfall or enjoy the thrill of Rere Rock Slide - Gisborne’s own natural rock slide.
- Go surfing or body surfing. A local surf guide can provide lessons and show visitors the perfect breaks.
- Take a walk down the world’s longest wharf at 660m at Tolga Bay.
- Swim with Blue and Mako sharks in a specially designed snorkelling cage.
- Take a tour of the local vineyards and sample the distinctive local wines. The region is known unofficially as the ‘Chardonnay Capital of New Zealand’.
For conference or function venue options in Eastland, click here
For accommodation options in Eastland, click here
Click here for more information on Eastland