Located at the top of the South Island, Marlborough enjoys high sunshine hours and a temperate climate so that visitors can experience Marlborough’s diversity throughout the seasons. Marlborough is New Zealand’s largest wine growing region and the home to world-renowned Sauvignon Blanc. It is also home to the Marlborough Sounds, which offers great walking, mountain biking and water activities.
The Interislander and Bluebridge ferries cross the Cook Strait, from Wellington to Picton regularly. From Picton you can connect to almost anywhere by bus. TranzScenic operates the TranzCoastal train, which take the scenic route from Picton to Christchurch, via Blenheim and Kaikoura.
The town of Blenheim is the hub of Marlborough. Blenheim Airport is serviced by direct flights from Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
Memorable Marlborough Experiences
- Hire a bike or car, tour around the vineyards and taste the different wine that this region produces.
- Explore the Marlborough Sounds. Walk or bike the famous Queen Charlotte Track.
- Jump on board a Greenshell Mussel Cruise to see New Zealand’s commercial greenshell mussel farm. End the tour with a bowl of fresh mussels accompanied by award winning Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
- Visit the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre, with a display of war time aircraft like no other.
- Join an overnight heritage tour to New Zealand’s largest and most iconic country farm - Molesworth High Country Station.
For conferences or function venue options in Marlborough, click here
For accommodation options in Marlborough, click here
Click here for more information on Marlborough