The Manawatu is heartland New Zealand. A landscape that sweeps from the sea to the Tararua Ranges, it offers an exciting choice of adventure from rafting and kayaking to horse trekking, mountain biking and rock climbing. To experience country life, go to a real stock auction, or find a farmstay and meet farmers whose families have been on the land for generations.
Palmerston North is the gateway of Manawatu, only a short 2 hour drive from Wellington and an hour flight from Auckland.
Memorable Manawatu Experiences
- Take a scenic walk at Manawatu Gorge.
- Spend the day at Mount Bruce National Wildlife Centre, where some of New Zealand’s endangered species are bred and returned to the wild.
- In Palmerston North visit the world’s first museum devoted to rugby.
- Get your adrenalin pumping at Mokai Gravity Canyon. Try bungy jumping, the giant swing or the flying fox.
- Make your own therapeutic body product at The Herb Farm.
- Visit Taihape - the ‘Gumboot Capital of New Zealand’. Join the Gumboot Festival and see how far you can throw your gumboot!
For conference or function venue option in Palmerston North & Manawatu, click here
For accommodation options in Palmerston North & Manawatu, click here
Click here for more information on Palmerston North & Manawatu