Tourism New Zealand regularly conducts research on the types of visitors who are coming to New Zealand and what they are looking for from their holiday here. This information allows us to advise you on the best way to present our destination to ensure that your clients are motivated to travel to New Zealand and understand the types of experiences they can have here.
We've also developed a set of guidelines based on this research, called "Making the Most of New Zealand". This guide aims to assist you in evaluating the way in which your print and online communications represent New Zealand, and provide you with suggestions on how to enhance this to increase the appeal to potential travellers.
The guide also provides you with information on what travellers to New Zealand are looking for from a holiday here, so you can be sure that your marketing efforts grab their interest and inspire them to book a holiday here.
Key areas covered in this guide are:
- New Zealand’s target market
- What motivates them to choose New Zealand as a holiday destination
- Techniques proven to be effective when marketing New Zealand
- Style guidelines and proven itinerary tips
- How to add stories to create an emotional connection to New Zealand
- Information on Qualmark - New Zealand’s tourism quality accreditation system
- Tips on how to best use images
- Guidance on how to obtain Tourism New Zealand content and images in your own marketing.
- Online and new media tips to help you market New Zealand