What is Qualmark?
- The official quality assurance system for the New Zealand tourism industry
- Government backed and supported by Tourism New Zealand and the New Zealand Automobile Association
- Is used to identify quality tourism product
- Provides a star grading system for accommodation and quality endorsement system for other tourism businesses
- Gives recognition for excellence in environmental business practice through Enviro Award logos
- Is the world’s first accreditation system to include both quality and environmental assurance
Qualmark will assist you to:
- Select product that suits your customer’s needs
- Recommend products confidently to your customer, even if you have not experienced it
- Sell product easily because customers recognise the importance of external quality assessment
- Exceed customer expectations by including Qualmark Quality and 'Enviro' assured products in your itineraries
- Book or buy with confidence on behalf of your customer
- Be certain product is meeting legal requirements
What goes into achieving Qualmark accreditation?
- Qualmark assessments are completed once a year by business experts at the location of the business.
- Assessments take from 3 hours to a day to complete.
- The system is based on providing standards for quality tourism experiences in New Zealand. This includes assessment in:
- Customer service
- Standard of facilities
- Overall business operations
- Environmental business practices
- General safety
- The assessment checks that the business has met the necessary legal, insurance and health and safety requirements.
- The system is regularly reviewed to ensure it adapts to changing industry standards and customer expectations.
If a Qualmark business does not meet accepted quality standards the business can be withdrawn from the system.
You can contact Qualmark directly if you would like to comment about a Qualmark business:
Qualmark New Zealand Ltd
147 Victoria Street West