- To help you to increase your sales to New Zealand and the profitability of each sale.
- When you finish this training module you will have a better understanding of the New Zealand walking experience and how to sell it.
A walking holiday in New Zealand is quite different to what your client may have experienced in other destinations.
This module will describe how the walking systems work in New Zealand so that you can confidently sell a guided walking experience or independent walking holiday to your client. If you are able to demonstrate you have a good knowledge of walking product in New Zealand you should find making a sale easier and potentially more profitable.
This training module has been designed so that you can confidently sell a walking holiday to your clients. When you have finished the module you will:
- Understand the difference between guided walking and independent walking in New Zealand
- Sell guided walk packages confidently
- Able to make recommendations to independent walkers
- Understand booking requirements for independent walking
- Recommend suitable walks for client ability
- How to get to and from the walks.
- Advise clients about clothing and equipment required
The following sections are a summary of walks in New Zealand. There are simply too many tracks in New Zealand to list comprehensively. The information that follows includes DOC’s Great Walks and a selection of major tracks and one day walks.
The tracks can be undertaken as part of a guided tour or independently and information on both options is provided.
Working through the Module
The module should take you approximately 2.5 hours.
Look out for important points, listed below, as you read through the module:
Tasks that you can do as you work through the module to increase your knowledge. These are highly recommended, as they will help you successfully complete the module test.
|Information that will help you up-sell product and demonstrate to your client that you are an expert in selling walking holidays to New Zealand.|
|Highlights of the walking areas and activities around the region|
There will be references to the Tourism New Zealand consumer website in this document www.newzealand.com and other relevant websites. Take time to get familiar with these websites, as they are a vital source of information.
Other Tourism New Zealand websites which may be useful are:International Media website - includes story ideas, media kits, press releases and features.
Image Library website - An online image library for international media and travel trade to use to promote New Zealand as a visitor destination.