1 / 7
Our local Department of Conservation estimated there could be over 120 individual animals in the area of the Northern Titi Islands which is about 8 km from Oban Stewart Island. In fact, we have had over 9 individual whites in one day. If getting into the cage is not for you, the great white shark can be seen just as well from the top deck of the vessel. The sharks have an inquisitive nature and tend to spend long periods near the surface to investigate the activities that are taking place onboard, they will even lift their head above water to get a better view. Shark cage diving/Sightseeing trips are run up to five days a week with a maximum of 15 people. Day trips leave from the historic port village of Bluff or Stewart Island
Shark Experience, 72 Gore Street, Bluff, Southland, 9842, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 0700hrs to 1700hrs Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 25min drive from Invercargill Airport, 3 hours drive from Queenstown, 3 hours drive from Dunedin
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 25km. NB There is no public transport to Bluff Village.
- Proximity to town:
- Central to Bluff Village.
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$299.00 - $469.00|
- Age restriction:
- Other charges:
- Underwater Introduction for non Dive Cert Holders is $99. Training is completed on the day.
- Further pricing information:
- If you don't have dive certification, you will need an intro to breathing air underwater which is conducted by a qualified dive instructor and completed on the day of the trip. Shark Experience reserve the right to cancel a trip (with full refund) if client safety is compromised. A voucher will be given if in the unlikely advent a shark isn't sighted – this is valid for 1 year. Minimum numbers are 4 cage divers per day.