1 / 3
1 / 6
Across the road from the iconic Cornish Pumphouse, the new Gold Discovery Centre first welcomes visitors with it’s striking facade. This is something unique!
Inside you’ll become immersed in interactive activities. You’ll be pushing hard against an air-leg drill that will shake your bones, just like a real drill. You’ll lean on a plunger to trigger a simulated explosion down the gold mine, then for a change of pace you might try to beat the shady dealer at a game of Two-up.
You’ll marvel at the intricate detail in the dynamic models then push the buttons to see what happens next. Open windows into the past and learn what it was like to grow up in a gold town, then crank the handle to discover the power of horses, steam and electricity...
Gold Discovery Centre, 126 Seddon Street, Waihi, Coromandel, 3610, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 1.5 hours from AKL airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Coach terminal outside the front door
- Proximity to town:
- In the Waihi CBD, at the Waihi I-SITE
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$20.00 - $25.00|
- Further pricing information:
- Group discounts available - bookings recommended. Add an 'inside the fence" Waihi Gold Mine Tour and receive our special Combo rate!