1 / 6
Experience the real Middle-earth with a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set, featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films.
Your guided tour starts with a drive through our picturesque 1,250 acre sheep farm with spectacular views across to the Kaimai Ranges.
Take a look at Bag End, where Frodo and Bilbo’s adventures began. Get lost among the hobbit holes and visit the Green Dragon Inn, the mill and the Party Tree. Listen to spell-binding tales of how Hobbiton came to be.
Tours depart daily from the Shire's Rest Cafe, 501 Buckland Road Matamata and from the Matamata & Rotorua i-SITEs.
If you'd like to stay awhile, we can arrange comfortable Farmstay accommodation for you in Matamata.
Hobbiton Movie Set Tours, 501 Buckland Road, Hinuera, Matamata, Hamilton - Waikato, 3472, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 7 days a week
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 42km from Hamilton Airport. 87km from Rotorua Airport. 168km from Auckland Airport.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 16km from Matamata i-SITE
- Proximity to town:
- 16km from Matamata
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$75.00 - $125.00|
- Further pricing information:
- Infants aged 0-4 are free Children aged 5 - 9 are $10.00 Youths aged 10-14 are $37.50