1 / 4
1 / 6
The 92 km journey between Wellington and Picton takes only 3 hours and has been described as “one of the best ferry rides in the world … jaw droppingly stunning”.
The 3 hour journey bridges New Zealand’s most fascinating regions. Wellington is both our political and cultural capital. Marlborough and Nelson meanwhile offer a truly unique mix of calm, natural beauty, fine food, wine and adventure.
Interislander offers you the freedom and convenience of exploring all of this by road. You can take your vehicle between islands – just drive on and drive off.
Interislander offers daily services and 3 passenger vessels: Arahura, Kaitaki and Aratere. This means you get a wide choice of sailings.
Interislander Cook Strait Ferries, Auckland Street, Picton, Picton, Marlborough, 7220, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 24 hours. 7 days.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- We recommend you allow at least 30 minutes from a taxi ride to Wellington airport
- Proximity to town:
- Wellington Terminal is a short drive from the city, or a $2 shuttle from the train station. Picton terminal is a short walk from the town centre or train station.
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$52.00 - $75.00|
- Other charges:
- Vehicle fares are extra, dependant on the size of the vehicle. Child (under 18), student (ID required), senior (60+) and family discounts may apply. See our website for details.
- Further pricing information:
- Child fares are applicable up to the age of 18! Easy Change fares - These are our most flexible fares and allow you cancel right up to time of check-in without any cancellation fees. So if you need to be flexible, these are the fares for you.