1 / 4
When travelling New Zealand it is a great idea to check whether the accommodations you are staying at are eco friendly, or have some form of sustainable tourism practice in place.
We love New Zealand, and with your help, we want to "keep it green".
Some Taupo accommodations practice environmentally friendly, and sustainable tourism. Some common practices eco friendly tourism businesses may do include:
- Reducing waste
- Recycling glass, plastic, cardboard, paper, aluminum etc
- Composting food scraps
- Energy efficient heat pumps generating hot water and heating
- Locally grown produce
- Locally made toiletries in "top-up" containers
- Showers with eco heads to reduce water waste
- Eco friendly cleaning products
- Eco friendly lightbulbs
- Reducing carbon footprint by planting native bushes, trees and other plants
- Donating to New Zealand initiatives to help plant native trees, remove predators of our native species, or in the upkeep of our parks, reserves and conservation areas.
- Helping to keep New Zealand clean and green by picking up rubbish from parks and beaches
- Using electric vehicles
- Solar energy utilised for security lights, motion sensors etc
Eco friendly accommodations may encourage their guests to help keep New Zealand green by disposing of waste thoughtfully, turning off heating and electrical products where possible, reducing shower lengths, washing towels less often, and recycling waste as appropriate.
New Zealand is a beautiful country, and we pride ourselves on being clean and green. Help keep us that way, and support eco friendly accommodations when staying in Taupo.