1 / 3
Paterson Inlet is a vast, unspoilt inlet, with rainforest overhanging the shoreline and beaches of fine sand and delicate shells. In a quiet place along Prices Peninsula, the Norwegains set up a base to repair their boats during the 1920's to the start of the 1930's, employing Stewart Island and Norwegain men. The site is now a historic place with relics of this era.
We depart from Golden Bay Wharf, looking out for marine life and sealife on the way to Prices Peninsula. A easy walk (20 minutes), through regenerating forest of ferns and podocarp trees, brings us to the site of the Norwegian Whalers' Base where we take time to explore the walk along the beach (subject to tides).
Explore hidden bays and beaches on our tour. Max. 10 persons.
Aihe - Scenic Cruise & Norwegian Whalers' Base Guided Walk, 14 Main Road, Oban, Stewart Island - Rakiura, 9846, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- Our Booking Office is 2 minutes walk from flight depot and ferry terminal in Oban, Stewart Island
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- Golden Bay Whaf is 10 - 20 minutes walk from main accommodation venues in Stewart Island
Precios y condiciones
|Adulto||$75.00 - $140.00|
(13 años o menos)
|$55.00 - $95.00|
- Otros cargos:
- Transfers to and from Golden Bay Wharf $6.00 p.p. one way.