1 / 4
Aranui Cave is set in the Ruakuri Scenic Reserve, 5 minutes drive from the Waitomo Glowworm Caves. It is named after Ruruku Aranui, the local Maori man who first discovered this previously hidden gem back in 1910.
Aranui Cave has a natural cave entrance and is the smallest and most delicate of Waitomo's three main caves. As a dry cave without a river running through it, it houses very little life past its entrance.
However, just inside the entrance is a colony of native New Zealand cave wetas and further into the cave is the most beautiful collection of stalactites, stalagmites, flowstones and decorative formations.
Aranui Cave is a magical, mystical place that is steeped in Maori myth and legend.
Aranui Cave, 39 Waitomo Caves Road, Waitomo, Waitomo Caves, Hamilton - Waikato, 3977, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 9.00am - 4.00pm 7 days a week, closed Christmas day
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
Precios y condiciones
(14 años o menos)
- Más información sobre precios:
- ARANUI Adult $55 Child (4-14 yrs inclusive) $25 Child (3 yrs & under) FOC. Family (2 adults / 2 children*) $140 TWO CAVE VISIT – WAITOMO & ARANUI Adult $85 Child (4 -14 yrs inclusive) $35 Child (3 yrs & under) FOC Family (2 adults / 2 children*) $180 THREE CAVE VISIT – WAITOMO & ARANUI & RUAKURI Adult $140 Child (4 -14 yrs inclusive) $55 Child (3 yrs & under) FOC Family $250 Reservations must clearly state: The tour reference or client details Specify number of adults/children/preschoolers