1 / 8
It all started when Invercargill woman Joc O’Donnell decided to open her father Bill’s automotive collection to the public, transforming his existing ‘sheds’ into 15,000 sqm of museum space. Home to more than 300 vehicles including retro Kombis, Henry Ford letter cards, Model Ts, stunning 1930s V8s, and an extensive truck collection – the centrepiece is Bill’s prized Texaco tanker – as well as over 200 vintage petrol pumps.
Even those who are not mechanically minded will be blown away. Guests will find a growing wearable arts collection, movie theatre, delightful children’s play zones and themed bathrooms fast becoming as famous as the vehicles. If you’re keen to taste the flavours of the south, fabulous café The Grille is also on-site.
Bill Richardson Transport World, 491 Tay Street, Hawthorndale, Invercargill, Southland, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- Transport World 10am - 5pm; The Grille Cafe 7.30am - 5pm.
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- Transport World is a ten minute drive from the Invercargill Airport.
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- Transport World is a five minute drive from the Invercargill city centre.
Precios y condiciones
(14 años o menos)
- Otros cargos:
- NZ Students and Seniors 65+ $27.50, Under 5 free, Family pass (two adults and up to four children) $75
- Más información sobre precios:
- Entry is subject to Transport World terms and conditions. See www.transportworld.nz.