1 / 2
1 / 8
Monday evening Kiwi spotting.
Search for Stewart Island Brown Kiwi (Tokoeka) in its natural environment.
- operates at night, duration 2-4 hours.
- terrain includes muddy tracks, native bush, sand and some gradients.
- torch & walking poles available.
- includes courtesy drop off to Stewart Island accommodation after tour.
Tuesday full day bird watching 8.30am-4.30pm
- water taxi to Ulva Island.
- explore Ulva Island podocarp forest to see rare and endangered bird and plant life. Birds that can be seen: Sth Island Saddleback, Tomtit, Rifleman, Stewart Isl. Robin, Brown Creeper, Tui, Kaka, Yellow & Red-crowned Kakariki, Mohoua & more.
At lunchtime board seabird watching boat for encounters with albatross, penguin, shearwaters & petrels.
Birding Bonanza full day bird watching + evening kiwi spotting, BOOKING OFFICE: Stewart Island Gift Shop, 20 Main Road, Stewart Island *NOTE TOURS DEPART FROM GOLDEN BAY WHARF*, Oban, Stewart Island/rakiura, Southland, 9846, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 8am to 8pm (summer) and 9am to 7pm (winter) by phone or our booking office is open September to April 10.30am to 5pm daily at The Stewart Island Gift Shop, 20 Main Road, Stewart Island
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Oct, Nov, Dec
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- 650 metres to Stewart Island Flights depot on Elgin Terrace
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- not applicable
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- 900 metres Golden Bay Wharf from township
Precios y condiciones
- Restricción de edad:
- Más información sobre precios:
- Whilst our ULVA ISLAND walk is gentle, there are steps and beach walking and steps up/down between the wharf and boat – clients need to be physically agile and able to do this unassisted. EVENING KIWI SPOTTING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THOSE WITH WALKING STICKS OR FRAMES AS THE GROUND IS SLIPPERY AND UNEVEN. Birding Classic and Birding Bonanza excursions are NOT suitable for children. Outdoor activities take place in a dynamic natural environment that can be challenging. Suitable clothing essential.