This typical Edwardian villa was built in 1909 by Sir James Fletcher, founder of Fletcher Construction Company Ltd. In December 1990 Fletcher Challenge decided to restore the Fletcher House and open it to the public, making it the first villa in New Zealand to be opened for all to enjoy.
Fletcher House has been fully restored to its former glory and furnished in the style of the period by the Otago Settlers Museum and provides an interesting complement to the styles of Olveston, Glenfalloch Woodland Garden and Larnach Castle. Open weekends and public holidays. 11am - 4pm for guided tours.