1 / 2
Join us at Footprints Waipoua for an intimate encounter to learn how these trees are inter-twined with the lives of local Maori and the important role they play in the Eco-system that is the Waipoua Forest.
Meet our ancestors; the mighty Te Matua Ngahere ('The Father of the Forest') estimated to be between 2,500 and 3,000 years old, his mighty girth of 16 meters wide in diameter. 'The Four Sisters' are a graceful collection of Kauri trees that have grown close together in sibling harmony and finally, Tane Mahuta ('The lord of the forest) who stands an impressive 150 meters tall.
Tours depart from the Copthorne Hotel and Resort, Omapere. Situated on the shores of the Hokianga, home of our ancient ancestor and navigator; Kupe.
Footprints Waipoua, 344 State Highway 12, Omapere, Hokianga, Northland, 0444, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- Summer 8am - 10pm (1st October - 1st May). Winter 8am - 9pm (2nd May - 30th September) Closed on Christmas Day and New Years Day
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- 78 Km or 1 hour drive from Kerikeri Airport.
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- The Copthorne Hotel & Resort is 3.5 hours drive from Auckland. 2 hours drive from Dargaville. 2 hours drive from Kaitaia. 1.5 hours drive from the Bay of Islands.
Precios y condiciones
|Adulto||$80.00 - $95.00|
- Más información sobre precios:
- Group and Private tours available and tailored to suit. Please inquire by phone or email.