A giant 100,000 year old Kauri tree has been exposed for viewing & is part of a vast forest buried beneath Gumdiggers Park. Information spots and an audio visual show describe the cataclysmic events which could have caused this destruction. Studies by international scientists on the kauri timber are described, depicting past and future global weather patterns.
The site includes an authentic preserved 100 year old gum field, recreated gum diggers village with huts made in the traditional way from jute sacks. Original equipment can be found along our discovery trail as well as a gecko house with rare Northland Geckos. Unique Kauri Wood, Kauri Gum and NZ Amber crafts are available along with other NZ themed gifts. All this and alot more.
Gumdiggers Park, 171 Heath Road, Waiharara , Awanui, Northland, 0486, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 'Summer 9am-5pm Winter 10am - 4pm
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- Approx. 15 mins to Kaitaia Airport
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- Approx. 20kms from Kaitaia
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- Approx. 20kms from Kaitaia. Approx. 30 min drive
Precios y condiciones
- Otros cargos:
- Family 2 Adults & 2 or more Children $30.00
- Más información sobre precios:
- 10% discount if Tourism NZ or PureNZ Website mentioned at time of entry