1 / 8
The “Kawakawa” block was sub-divided into its present size of 4,000 acres in 1919 and is still farmed today as a healthy sheep and beef property.
Over the years there has been a substantial area of land cleared but half of the station is still covered with diverse ecosystems of native bush. We regard this as our slice of paradise, which we enjoy sharing with others.
We now farm over 3,000 Romney sheep and 300 Angus beef cattle with the help of an extra lease block of 2,000 acres towards the village of Ngawi. Sharing the farm are the working dogs, chickens and horses who all help you to experience a working and friendly farm environment whilst on your stay.
Kawakawa Station Walk, 2631 Cape Palliser Road, RD 2, Featherston, Featherston, Wairarapa, 5772, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- The station is approx 40mins drive from Martinborough.
Precios y condiciones
- Restricción de edad:
- Más información sobre precios:
- Please note that for safety reasons a minimum of 2 walkers is required to complete the walk. Make sure you bring suitable attire for various conditions. Chilly evenings and red hot days can always surprise you in the Wairarapa. Safety is very important to us so we give you a briefing and a farm 2 way radio for the duration of your walk for emergency use.